środa, 30 maja 2018

Migè`s Exclusive Interview of HIMmarock




1) How does it make you feel to have fans in morocco ?Have you ever thought that you have hundred of fans all over our country and also in Algeria?
That's very nice indeed. We're big fans of North African culture and music so it's good to hear that stuff we make doesn't sound like crap to you over there.

2) In "Synnin Viemaa", it seems that there are pictures of Lily and Mige wearing typically Moroccan dressings.
Did they ever come here? What are their impressions about our country?
Oh yes, yes! We came there few years back and spend something like 3 weeks in Casablanca and Essaouira (spank me if I spelled that wrong:).It was most wonderful, especially Essaouira. stayed in Riad Al Madina hotel, which is easily the best in the world. We've been to pretty many you see. And we got maybe a bit carried away with wardrobe, but because we're a bit paranoid due to long periods of hashish smoking, we though it would be good to blend to local crowd. Some parts of Casablanca were a bit ruthless to us, so to say. But, since we are not familiar with the robes, I think lily accidentally bought female version first. At least it broke tension though! Later on we gave it as a present to our manager, Seppo. Please don't ask me why! :) I'm also water pipe addict, but was surprised that you didn't have water pipe cafes there, even though you could get pipes and tobacco everywhere. So we ended up buying a heavyweight pipe, and smoked that.

3) What about the other members? Did they have the opportunity of coming here?
I think none of them has been there, apart from me and Linde .Our lighting designer Ike was there with us though. He's one of the band basically and more popular in many places than me for example.

4) What does the Band know of north-African music?
Oh, we know more than regular white trash, but not too much. It's pretty hard to get that stuff from Finland. I think only place in northern or central Europe to get proper selection is Paris, or maybe London. We get occasional c-cassettes with really bad quality. Me and Linde are big fans of Omar Faruk Tekbilek (i think he's Egyptian), and since he's quite popular it's easy to get his CD from internet. "Beyond the sky and crescent moon" are actually my all time favourite albums. I have one wonderful tape from Morocco at my country house. It's only music I ever listen there, and each side lasts only 7 minutes or so! It's written all in Arabian, so unfortunately I have no idea what it says, or who's playing there. It's traditional stuff with acoustic instruments and singing, and some talking so maybe it's religious. Damn good EP, what ever it is. Linde also puts his daughter to sleep with one record with more African influence...Saha Koyo or something. I lost the cover and don't bother to call him. And for my own glory I have to mention that I played this Moroccan pipe on our "love metal"-album. It's in the song "pandemonium", the C-part. Don't know the name of the flute but it's similar of the one the snake charmers use in India. Couldn't play it quite in tune to be honest so we fixed it with pro tools auto-tune, but still!!!!

5) During the last years, there are more and more metal and rock bands created in Arabian countries. What do you think of it? (For more information:www.marockmag.com)
That's interesting. I've only heard traditional stuff, so it would be nice to catch some rocking music too. Went to check Marock-site actually, but couldn't listen to anything. Two bands were pretty interesting, Al Jahilia, for one. Pretty ruthless lyrics though, anti-American and all. Not that I'm a fan of George W, but still…not a fan of good old jihad either. Interesting band with strong image. I would go for those looks, but that would be kinda silly for a Finnish person. Another one which I would like to hear was "naked Monkey", but the site was pretty much out of order. Would be interesting to swap some CD's and t-shirts.

6) We had the opportunity of listening to one of Daniel Lioneye's songs ("We gonna Rocking tonight") and we had the surprise of finding Coran in it. What made you use it?
Oh that was strange! There was a supernatural presence in the studio, and it was quite scary…didn't know it was Coran until now. But it sounds good and hopefully it's not offensive to anybody of Islamic faith. I consider it to be truly spiritual piece of music, and definitely a tribute to Coran!

7) Will you ever come here as a rock band so that we could see you all on stage?
I'd love to!! No plans for future so far, so can't really say when or how

8) What about your next album? When will it be released? Will it be different from Love Metal?
Same as previous. We have some vague ideas which should be sorted out. Well, it should be out in 2005, or I have to get a side job! And sure it will be different to Love Metal. Probably a lot worse!

9) What difference do you feel between playing in north-America and in Europe?
Donuts are DEFINATELY better in America. But otherwise it's pretty much the same, and since my doctor says I shouldn't eat donuts, I guess in my case it doesn't make any difference at all .It's interesting to go to new places and countries to play but whether it's US or Kathmandu doesn't really matter. We felt welcome there and that's nice.

10) Thanks a lot for the interview, any comment for your Moroccan fans?
There's already enough messages, just open the TV. But maybe I could say that you live in a very beautiful country, so enjoy it!


source: himforfans.de